Basic Policy Regarding the Protection of Personal Information of the Japan Oil Transportation (JOT) Group
Japan Oil Transportation and the Japan Oil Transportation Group realizes the importance of personal information obtained through business activities and believes they hold a social responsibility to protect this information. Therefore, we are taking the following initiatives.
- Individually Respecting Personal Information
- We clarify the purpose for using personal information, gather it with the consent of the provider and use this information within the necessary range to attain our goals. We offer services such as disclosure and corrections of personal information within a reasonable scope if requested.
- Personal Information Protection System
- Our internal system clarifies the roles and responsibilities when carrying out these policies under the authority of the Personal Information Supervisor.
- Safety Management of Personal Information
- All personal information is correctly managed using necessary measures so there are no problems such as loss, destruction, manipulation or leakage due to reasons including unauthorized access, theft or embezzlement. In addition, we carry out proper management and supervision when personal information is entrusted with an outside party.
- Ordinances Regarding Personal Information and Other Rule Adherence
- We strictly adhere to laws and ordinances pertaining to the protection of personal information as well as internal regulations.
- Continuous Reform of our Compliance Program
- We have developed a compliance program regarding the protection of personal information and we train our employees in this matter. This program undergoes continuous reviews and reforms to comply with factors such as business operations, laws, the social environment and environmental changes.